What’s in it for me?
If you are in the Antique or Amusement Photography Business — or if you are interested in the industry — AAPI offers a unique opportunity for Learning, Networking and Professional Advancement. AAPI has two categories for membership, Studio Membership and Vendor Membership.
AAPI is a professional association for photographers who specialize in antique or “old time” photography, special event photography, re-enactments and costumed portraits. It is a one-of-a-kind organization with members throughout the United States and Canada, as well as several other countries. Through a representative voting process, AAPI’s members determine the direction of the association and choose its volunteer leadership from among its membership.
These elected volunteer leaders comprise the association’s Officers and its Board of Directors. The Board appoints committees from the membership to help implement goals and programs established by the Board. Management and support services are provided by the association’s Executive Director.
AAPI Benefits and Activities
- Newsletters and Email Bulletins – AAPI members receive periodic newsletters and emails to keep them abreast of the industry trends and to help them learn about products and services available from AAPI vendors.
- Members Only Section and Members Forum – Once you join AAPI, you will have access to our Members Only section which contains contact information for fellow members, a vendor buying guide, tutorials, Opportunity Knocks event postings, classified advertising, an archive of association newsletters, and a members-helping-members section.
- Education & Networking Opportunities – Attend AAPI’s annual Convention and Trade Show for your exclusive opportunity to attend seminars, meet with industry vendors, and get to know your fellow Old Time Photographers
- Credit Card Processing – Receive special equipment, software, and payment gateway pricing when you enroll if credit card processing
- Discounts from our Vendor Members
- Studio Locator – Your studio listed by State and City on the AAPI website.
- CLC Lodging Hotel Discount Cards for Small Business – CLC leverages 13 million room nights worth nearly $800 million of annual lodging purchases, providing you with deeply discounted hotel rates. As a leading negotiator of workforce lodging and hotel corporate rates, CLC Lodging offers hotel network size, buying power, billing options and rate stability to reduce the time and budget your company spends on workforce lodging — at rates lower than companies typically can get on their own. For small businesses, we offer a CLC CheckINN Card.
- Press Releases for your studio – AAPI Headquarters will prepare Press / Media Releases for your studio and will send them to your local Newspapers.
- Photographic Competition – AAPI promotes professional achievement of its members by recognizing photographic excellence and service to the association. An industry-wide photo competition is held at our annual convention and features a wide variety of categories. To learn more about the Photo Contest, click here.
- Master Photography Program – The Master Photography Program recognizes excellence in photographic achievements and service to AAPI and the Industry. To learn more about the Master Photography Program, click here.